Sunday, May 16, 2010

Market Harborough, Desborough & Rothwell

or about a short journey to the past and the next nice meeting...

I couldn't leave England without visiting my good friends who live in Desborough near Market Harborough. I went took a train form Nottingham to Market and then Monika picked me up from the station and took to her and MichaƂ's house. Actually, last time I saw them 2 years ago, right after they moved to the new house. Now a lot has changed. It was much more colourful and that's because of their little son, born last year in December. I had an opportunity to find out more about how young English mothers spend their time with kids. There are, for example, many various meetings for mothers and their children where you can learn how to communicate with your kid in sign language. Or the next interesting thing, not really popular in Poland - you can borrow books for kids from a local library. And these are not old copies with popular stories but quite new books with hard binding and colourful pictures. Of course, this was not the only thing we were talking about:) After delicious lunch we went by car to a park in Rothwell. Unfortunately, this time it was rainy and cold. But the landscape around was really nice - yellow rape fields with a green stripe above and greyish clouded sky... And groups of cows and sheep, gathered on a pasture. A calm, peaceful area. We walked a bit through the park but my time was over soon, so we went to Market to catch the train.



Driving through the town made me think about the time I spent there about 6 years ago. I stayed in the town 1 month and tried to find a job, but all in all I had just great holidays. The town hasn't changed much - some new shops and restaurants were opened and the rest remained untouched by the time.
Back in Nottingham I met Ivania again and after a short walk in the centre we were quite fed up with rain and cold, so we just got back home. And there the culinary journey continued - we had a home made pizza, salad made of carrots and beetroot, peanut butter with celery, and mango lassi.
Unfortunately, my journey through the tastes of the world finished the very next day. In the same way... Again the same distance, stopovers in the same places and the same means of communication. The whole day on the way and long waiting time between next connections...

No comments: