Saturday, July 24, 2010

They say no, i say yes

or how I get to where I want to get...


I'm in Romania! The next dream comes true. But before I got here...

In Budapest I was told there were no more tickets for a train to Timisoara. Hot do you mean no tickets? Everything booked? I don't believe it! (Pity that the man couldn't speak English very well...). So I bought a ticket to Lokoshaza, the last station in Hungary on the way to Romania.

And I got there with an earlier train, thinking what should I do next, if it comes out there are really no tickets to Timisoara. Go to Bukarest? Arad? Wait and get the train on the next day? Get on the train without a ticket and buy it there?

After 3 hours I got out in a small, peaceful station in Lokoshaza. It was extremely hot on the train, the opened window didn't help much. I asked a women in the cash desk about the train. She didn't speak any language I know, I can't speak any language she knows. But I managed to get all the information. And I got the ticket to Timisoara! She didn't even check if there are still free places or not, just took a pen, a piece of paper, filled it in and gave it to me.
After few minutes I was lucky again. There was no information on the station about the approaching trains. I had to watch carefully the passing trains and then ask several times if it's the one to Timisoara. Again – I can't speak Hungarian, they couldn't speak English or German or any language I know, but it was not a problem!
I was on the train. And it was empty!!! Where, oh where are all these booked seats? Where is the full train the man from the cash desk in Budapest was talking about? Where?
Sometimes it's good no to believe everything you're told.

After a while I got to Romania. According to my plan. And here more adventures happened...

(One more thing - all the posts from Romania will be without pictures. I had to take as little with me as possible, so I left all the cables and a card reader at home. Photos will be uploaded later. More less in the middle of August:)

No comments: