Monday, August 9, 2010

Bye bye Bucharest

or how I finally stick to my plans...

Bucharest didn't convince me to change my travelling plans so I'm leaving tomorrow. Finally. One day is definitely enough. I can't stand it all any longer – heat, overwhelming greyness, stray dogs, staring people, noise and chaos on the streets. Of course there are some nice places like the Atheneum, few orthodox churches, museums or the original building of the Parliament. But it's still not enough to make the city impress me. I hope it's the last place in Romania that makes me want to leave as soon as possible.

Oh, and I forgot to mention about my visit to Sinaia. I went there on my way to Bucharest, spent there 3 hours, visited the famous monastery and palace. Both buildings were really impressive but the invasion of tourists, noisy cars and huge buses were really annoying. Actually it was the first place in Romania where I got lost. Well, I had no map but walking around the city is quite easy. Nevertheless my way back to the station somehow got more complicated as I expected. Anyway, I enjoyed my short stay in Sinaia much more than I'm enjoying Bucharest now. Somehow I really don't feel save using wireless Internet in a park, near the railway station where I am right now. So I'll finish now, go back to the calm hostel and prepare to the next journey. Tomorrow morning I'm leaving to Constanta...

No comments: