Saturday, August 7, 2010

Time to move on

or how come I spent so much time in one place...


I planned to stay in Brasov only 2 days and then move to Danube Delta or Bucharest. But I realized it doesn't make any sense to plan anything for more than 1 day ahead. The week I spent in Brasov (yes! The whole week! Never happened before:) was full of spontaneous visits, trips, events, adventures. I visited nearby places (Rasnov, Harman, Campulung) together with Alex and her friends, met a lot of local young people, many young tourists from around the world and had an opportunity to go for 2 days to the mountains (Piatra Craiului) with Alex' friend and his friend. They both covered this route several times so I didn't have to worry about the way up or down or the place to stay overnight, which was a unique experience for me:) Sometimes it's good to forget about your leadership spirit and let the others lead you the way they want to. But only sometimes;)

The way up the hills wasn't always easy and on the way back I fell down several times, which also has never happened before:) Beautiful nature, wonderful views, demanding climbing and good company made me realize that summer holidays without few days in mountains are not real holidays:) It was high time for me to move away from the cities and touristic places, to go somewhere in a countryside or experience the unique Romanian nature. And the opportunity to do it showed up just on time, as well. It seems that spontaneous decisions rule over a precise schedule, even if it is my own schedule:)

Tomorrow I'm finally going to Bucharest. Not because I don't like Brasnov but I just feel I can't stay so long in one place. All the people I met here and everything I experienced here creates a very friendly image of Brasnov. After a week it's definitely a place to come back, not only a tourist attraction, the next 'must-see' as all the guidebook say.

And Bucharest... Well, I heard it's full of contrasts and not worth staying there for more than 2 days. I'll check it out soon.

No comments: