Sunday, November 23, 2008

Intensive week (05.10.08)

It has been a week now since I've come here. Well, I must admit it was quite intensive.
First all the formalities, then 3 sightseeing days. We came in our student house only to leave it after while, there was no time for anything. No time for uploading the pics, no time to tell my friends and family how and whether I really like it here.

My first impression of Vienna is very positive. We used each opportunity, spent each hour reasonably – we've already visited Prater, Parliament, city centre, Cathedral, few museums, Winery, our district, we've already eaten Sacher Tort, Keiserschmarrn (Austrian delicacy, similar to omelette, with sugar and marmalade), we've drunk Sturm (traditional Austrian alcohol, similar to wine), travelled by trams, metro...
And we've met a lot of people. Mostly non-Austrian and also from Erasmus Programme.
Our student house presents a huge mixture of cultures and nationalities. On our floor for example, there are people from China, Pakistan, Germany, Turkey, USA, Kosovo, Morocco... There are also students from India, Spain, France, Belgium, Russia... Well, the whole city is very multi-cultural. A vivid melting pot, mixture of subcultures, cultures, religions...
And that's what I like.

And there are also other reasons why I like Vienna. It's very cycle-friendly. It offers plenty of cycling paths and public bikes for a very low price. I need to use them soon.
And I need to upload my pics, maybe tomorrow after first classes. It might be quite extreme – we''ll jump in at the deep end. Because it's simultaneous interpreting. We've never done it before and heard that it is very difficult. We'll see.

No comments: